Pawpaw is a delicious fruit that has great medicinal and nutritional value. Virtually every part of the pawpaw tree has medicinal properties, but we will just be looking at the fruit today. There are so many health benefits to eating pawpaw, here are just a few
- Rich in antioxidants, flavanoids and carotenes. These antioxidants neutralise the effect of free radicals in our bodies.
- Prevents bloating and indigestion.
- It strengthens the immune system, it high in vitamins C and A.
- Pawpaw contains papain and chymopapain which help reduce inflammation, and accelerate healing from burns. They have antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties.
- It helps in the healing of internal and external wounds.
- Good for weight loss.
- Ripe pawpaw can be mashed and used in treating cracked heels.
- Helps in cancer prevention.
Pawpaw can be peeled and eaten on its own when ripe, it can be added in salads, used in smoothies, and it can also be juiced.