Avocado pear was one fruit I didn't really like as a child, I used to wonder how people around me enjoyed it so much. For me, my relationship with it was that of tolerance, I ate it when I was forced to. But I have come to enjoy this power house of nutrients so much as an adult. Funny how our taste can change with age right? I don't pass up any opportunity to have this fruit. I eat it on its own, use it as spread on bread, eat it with rice, add it to smoothies and use it on my hair and skin.It's my one year old's favorite food, he cries for more whenever an avocado feeding session comes to an end.
Some people shy away from avocado pear because it contains fat, that's a mistake. You see, the fat in avocado is known as Monounsaturated fat, a very healthy fat. The experts encourage us to eat Monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) for good health and weight loss. Moderation is key, too much of a good thing can be bad for you.
Let's take a look at a few benefits of avocado pear.
- Avocados are very rich in potassium which helps with blood pressure. The potassium level in this fruit is higher than that in banana.
- Rich in fiber which helps with weight loss. It also helps with constipation.
- The antioxidants in them can help protect the eyes.
- Avocados contain powerful antioxidants which have been linked with cancer prevention.
- Avocado is great for the skin. It helps moisturize the skin and prevent signs of premature aging.
- Promotes healthy hair.
This fruit has so many health benefits. I just limited mine to seven.
How do you use your avocados? Share with us in the comment section.